The characteristics and advantages of LED plant lighting
LED grow light features:
1. Different wavelengths of light have different effects on plant photosynthesis. The light required for plant photosynthesis has a wavelength of about 400-700nm. 400-500nm (blue) light and 610-720nm (red) contribute the most to photosynthesis.
2. Blue (470m) and red (630nm) LEDs can just provide the light needed by plants, so the ideal choice is to use a combination of these two colors. In terms of visual effects, the red and blue plant lights are pink.
3. Blue light helps plant photosynthesis, which can promote green leaf growth, protein synthesis, and fruit formation; red light can promote plant rhizome growth, help flowering and fruiting and prolong flowering, and increase yield.
4. The ratio of red and blue LEDs of LED plant lights is generally between 4: 1-9: 1.
5. When plant lights are used to supplement light for plants, the height from the leaves is generally about 0.5-1 meters, and continuous exposure for 12-16 hours a day can completely replace the sun.
6. The effect is very significant, and the growth rate is almost 3 times faster than that of ordinary plants that grow naturally.
7. Solve the problem of lack of sunlight in the greenhouse in winter, promote the chlorophyll, anthocyanin and carotene needed in plant photosynthesis, so that fruits and vegetables are harvested 20% earlier, increasing the yield by 3 to 50%, and improving the production of fruits and vegetables. Sweetness and reduce pests and diseases.
8. The LED light source is also called a semiconductor light source. This light source has a relatively narrow wavelength and can emit light of a specific wavelength, so it can control the color of the light. Using it to irradiate plants alone can improve plant varieties.
9. The power of LED plant growth lights is low, but the efficiency is extremely high, because other lights emit a full spectrum, that is to say, there are 7 colors, but the plants need only red light and blue light, so most of the light energy of traditional lights is It's wasted, so the efficiency is extremely low. And LED plant growth lights can emit specific red and blue light that plants need, so the efficiency is extremely high. This is why the power of several watts of LED plant growth lights is better than that of tens of watts or even hundreds of watts. Another reason is the lack of blue light in the spectrum of traditional sodium lamps, and the lack of red light in the spectrum of mercury lamps and energy-saving lamps, so the light supplement effect of traditional lamps is much worse than that of LED lamps, and it saves more than 90% of energy compared with traditional lamps. The cost is greatly reduced.
Advantages of LED plant lights:
1. No standard power socket connectors for drivers or cooling fans are required.
2. An environment with red and blue wavelengths is required for plant growth.
3. Compared with other ordinary lighting equipment, the LED plant light has a gentler light line and will not scorch the seedling plants.
4. Compared with other plant lighting lamps, it can save 10%~20% of the electricity bill.
5. Blue light can promote plants to grow taller, and red light can make plants bloom and bear fruit.